About the Program
We believe that traditional hiring practices have historically and systematically marginalized entire groups of people - including people of color, people of different socio-economic backgrounds, women, and people in the LGBTQIA+ community, to name a few. We believe we are better as an organization when we work to deconstruct the barriers and build a team that has authentic representation from diverse communities, backgrounds and beliefs.
The Faherty Fall Scholarship Program is designed to foster the interest of underrepresented minority college students who are interested in learning more about the apparel industry and want to gain hands-on experience at a rapidly growing business that has a vibrant culture. This can be a for credit or a stipend program, stipend candidates will be paid $15.00 per hour. Candidates can choose to intern remotely if they do not feel comfortable commuting into the office.
Outside of the experience that you will gain from exposure to the business, you will engage in high-impact programming while building meaningful relationships with other interns and team Faherty through a variety of activities. This includes 1:1 mentorship, custom learning and development programming, and opportunities to impact business decisions.
· Open Application: Wednesday, July 20th – Monday, August 31st, 2020 at 11:59pm EST
· Interview Timelines: Continuous throughout the application process
· Length of Internship: 14 weeks - Monday, September 14th – Friday, December 18th, 2020
· Currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program
· Must be able to commit to the entire 14-week program
· Must be authorized to work in the United States
· Strong interpersonal and organizational skills, with the ability to navigate a fast-paced environment
· Have an understanding that this is an internship and that school credit may be applied.
· Black, Latinx, and Native American or Hawaiian Native students are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply:
Once you apply, we will provide regular status updates to all applicants on a rolling basis. Based on your background, experience, and interests, you will be invited to interview if matched with one of the departments who will host an intern. You will meet with a member of our People Team and then with the members of the Department. We will be hosting a maximum of two candidates this Fall. The team at Faherty Brand does not like to say good-bye to talented and high performing individuals. Therefore, should a full-time opportunity become available in the future, we encourage high performing interns to throw their hat in the ring for consideration.