- Enrolled or will enroll as a matriculated student in a university, college, junior college or technical school (incoming freshman accepted)
- At least One-Quarter (1/4) enrolled member of a Federally Recognized Native American Tribe.
- Undergraduate student with no more than 150 semester credits or 210 quarter credits. First bachelor’s degree only. Graduate studies NOT eligible.
- Full-time or part-time status – excluding non-credit courses (minimum of 6 credits).
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.25 must be established and maintained after the first semester/quarter of college.
- Completed Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
*Each deadline is for the Term (semester, trimester or quarter) that starts in one of the months listed.
|If Your Term Starts in Either:||You Would Apply for Award #:||Application and Required Documents are Due:||Application Opens:|
|April or May||I||February 1st||Oct 2nd|
|June or July||II||April 1st||Feb 2nd|
|August, September, October, or November||III||June 1st||April 2nd|
|December, January, February or March||IV||October 1st||June 2nd|
AIS corresponds with students through emails. Be sure to add scholarship [at] americanindianservices [dot] org to your contacts and safe senders list to avoid emails from AIS going to your SPAM folder. Check your email frequently.
Please allow 6 to 8 weeks AFTER the deadline for applications to be processed and updated online. With the large amount of documents and emails we receive, it will take us some time to update your online application. (Be advised that during the holiday season it will take us longer.) Please DO NOT call or email about the status of your application. If you are awarded, you will receive an Award Email and you will be required to write a thank you letter (details will be in the email), which needs to be submitted by the specified deadline. Scholarship checks will be sent to the school only after receipt of thank you letters. If no letter is received by the deadline, even after attempts to contact the student, the award will be canceled.
*If you have questions about scholarships, please contact us at scholarship [at] americanindianservices [dot] org